Theatre Unit Manager needed for a 7 Theatre Complex in a private hospital in Rustenburg to coordinate all Managerial work in the Theatre Complex
• Management and supervision of staff.
• Ensure safe Patient Care in theatre.
• Public Relations which include liaison with doctors/specialists, hospital management, staff, patients and their family.
• Cost Centre Management which includes management of salary budget, control of equipment and stock.
• Management of aspects pertaining student accompaniment and in-service training.
• Maintain competent , ethical and professional Nursing standards.
• The ability to take prompt action to accomplish work objectives.
• The ability to produce work of a high quality by accurately checking processes and tasks.
• The ability to work under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions.
• The ability to be functional in clinical areas e.g. scrubbing for general or specialist surgical cases as well as in recovery of patients.
• To enter into the role of educator and trainer as needed .
• The ability to be a change agent.
• To positively participate in relevant forums.
• Salary on offer for this position is R48k total cost to company
Applicants for this position must:
• Registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Registered Nurse
• Degree or Diploma in operating room essential.
• A minimum of 7 years experience in Theatre/ Recovery room nursing is essential
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a theatre managerial/deputy manager/shift leader position with a proven track record would be advantageous
• An intermediate level of Computer proficiency
• 2 or more years experience in a private hospital setting
• Experience in clinical leadership