Unit Manager – NICU / Paediatrics – Tembisa – # 3909
Calling all Nursing Angels to apply for this most rewarding post to Manage the NICU / Paediatrics at one of our hospital in Tembisa!
Key Responsibilities include:
• The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and co-ordinating clinical practice and resources within the NICU / Paeds to achieve the Company & Hospital strategic objectives of quality, growth and people
• Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
• Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
• Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
• Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
• Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an on-going basis.
• Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
Applicants for this position must have:
• Have a Degree / Diploma in Nursing with approximately 5 years post basic and proven leadership and/or people management experience within healthcare
• Have proven clinical competence in area of NICU / Paeds
• Current registration with South African Nursing Council
• Basic understanding of labour legislation , financial and change management principles
• Proven Leadership ability
• Good conflict management skills
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated CV to 086 247 3449