Looking for a great, new and exciting challenge with an Emergency Centre? Well its here for the taking – Apply today
• Responsible for continuous performance management, quality management and people management.
• Facilitates training and learning of students and permanent employees by creating and supporting a learning culture in the unit.
• Ensures goals are aligned with corporate strategy.
• Adheres to Patients’ Rights at all times.
• Identifies risks and implements controls.
• Compiles and manages capital, operational and personnel budgets.
• Responsible for client relationship management to ensure that quality client service principles are maintained.
• Ensures a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining health and safety standards and complying with infection prevention and control policy.
Applicants for this position must:
• Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse.
• Short course (CPD) in Emergency Nursing Science is a requirement.
• A post-basic Diploma or Certificate in Emergency Nursing Science will be an advantage.
• A minimum of two years’ experience as a Senior Professional Nurse in an Emergency Centre.
• BLS Certification will be a requirement.
• ACLS certification will be advantageous, in collaboration with five years working experience in an Emergency Centre.
• Willingness to work shifts and overtime in accordance with the requirements of the unit.
• Competence in the demonstration and assessment of all relevant clinical procedures and management of risks.
• The ability to identify, report, investigate and address near-misses and adverse events.
• A good understanding and application of the nursing Scope of Practice, knowledge of patient care and unit management.
• The ability to display sound judgement in problem-solving.
• The ability to adapt and respond to change.
• Exhibits full responsibility for own work outputs and outputs of team.