Theatre Unit Manager – R45K-R50K – Cape Town #3981
Take your theatre nursing career to another level and become a theatre unit manager of this advanced operating theatre complex in a private hospital located in Cape Town.
• Organise theatre to ensure a safe therapeutic environment
• To be equipped with the necessary skills required to lead a Multi-disciplinary Theatre complex on two sites.
• Services to patients cannot be improved if operating theatres are seen in isolation. The patient’s surgical journey is complex and crosses many boundaries.
• Improving operating theatre performance must be seen in the context of a wider system, including pre-operative assessment, elective and emergency admissions, bed management and discharge planning and competencies and people management
• Discuss theatre performance each quarter
• Theatre Management Group is responsible for ensuring that theatre policies are agreed, adhered to and kept up-to-date
• Create an environment where staff is aware of the role they play in the provision of quality nursing care and their value to the organisation
• Assign decision making authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximise organisation and employee effectiveness
• Offer great benefits – Medical Aid, Provident Fund and 13th Cheque.
• Excellent training & development opportunities within this Private Hospital Group.
• A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing / B Cur Degree)
• Registered with SANC as a Registered Nurse
• A Diploma in Operating Room Nursing Science
• 3 -4 Operating Theatre experience
• Experience in Theatre management
• Experience in Clinical leadership
• Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated CV to 086 247 3449