Theatre Unit Manager – R41,5K gross – East London #4066
Advance your Nursing career as the new Theatre Unit Manager and take charge of these 7 theatres which consist of Gynae, Urology, Plastics, Neuro, Paeds, General Surgery
• Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
• Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
• Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
• Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
• Manage stock utilization and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
• Excellent benefits such as Medical Aid, Provident Fund and 13th Cheque.
• Great development and growth opportunities.
Applicants for this position must:
• A Post–Basic Theatre Diploma Qualification is required
• Current registration with SANC as a Professional Nurse
• Relevant experience in nursing to meet the critical outputs
• Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
• Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
• Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
• Computer proficiency
• Driver’s license and ability to travel
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated CV to 086 247 3449