Find your ideal job as a Junior Infection Control Specialist in one of South Africa’s largest Private Hospital in Pretoria
• To be accountable and to make sure that all hospital employees are trained and assisted in managing the prevention, identification ad control of infections
• To manage and oversee the review of environmental hygiene, cleanliness, the care of linen and waste on a regular basis and document results for discussion with hospital management
• Manage and oversee the planning and implementation of the procedure used to identify and investigate an outbreak of infection
• Accountable to ensure the provision of protective clothing for all staff and members of the public where needed.
• Accountable to ensure a process is implemented effectively to supply appropriate and reliable disinfectants, sterilants and monitoring of equipment and ensure that nursing and other staff understand the use of these items.
• Ensure the maintaining of an up to date infection control file is available and accessible to all nursing and house-keeping staff.
• Ensure regular infection control committee meetings.
• Oversee the revision of all policies, procedures and standards regularly regarding infection control standards.
• Oversee the development and facilitation of Infection Control in-service training programmes based on a needs analysis and evaluate the training regularly.
• Ensure proof of management of cost related to Infection Control.
• Top notch private hospital
• Salary on offer is R18K – R20K total gross per month
Applicants for this position must:
• SANC Registration
• One year Post Basic Diploma in Infection Control
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Infection Control or Occupational Health environment
• Computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated cv to 086 247 3449