CTICU Qualified or Experience Sisters = “CTICU Passion” = Saving Lives!!!Join this fast growing CTICU and advance your career both financially and in terms or your current CTICU Nursing exposure!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Practice patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assumes total responsibility for these activities
- Contribute to the holistic care of patients
- Ensure that all patients have an appropriate Nursing Care Plan
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to sister-in-charge of the unit
- Carry out all CTICU duties as assigned by Shift Leader/ Unit Manager
- Communicate with Health Care Practitioners regarding any change in health status
- Mentoring and supervision of junior healthcare providers and support staff
- Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure appropriate level of care
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
- Reports and acts upon potential/actual risks identified
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Promote and maintain good working and interpersonal relationships with management, colleagues and doctors
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing)
- Registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse
- An ICU formal qualification or CTICU experience.
- Competencies required: team player, very energetic, well organized.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong inter-personal skills required.
- Appropriate qualification for Specialist Area (CTICU) would be advantageous
- +/- 2 Years’ experience within the nursing discipline (CTICU experience) essential