Join this fast paced Trauma Unit and advance your career both financially and in terms or your current Trauma Nursing exposure!
• Performs rostered weekend duties / emergency relief on call duties and associated tasks
• Utilizes supplies and equipment in an economical manner
• Co-operates and collaborates with other hospital departments to provide quality patient care
• Liaises with Trauma manager on matters relating to patient care
• Keeps accurate records at all times
• Required to serve on relevant committees within the department
• Supervises and evaluates quality of patient care through patient rounds
• Communicates with patient and family regarding patient care and informs Trauma Unit Manager of patient care problems
• Assists with the coaching of junior staff within the Unit
Applicants for this position must have:
• Must be a Registered Nurse, registered with the South African Nursing Council
• Trauma Diploma
• Flexible in working hours / shift work.
• The ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
• The ability to actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
• The ability to plan and organise work for self and others to ensure efficient completion
• The ability to maintain stable performance under pressure by handling stress in an acceptable way to personnel and the organisation
• The ability to set high standards of performance for self and others, and assuming the overall
• Responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks
• Experience in the relevant field of nursing advantageous.
• Trauma Trained
• Passion for Trauma injuries and nursing