Long established private hospital seeks experienced and/or trained NICU Registered Nurses to work in a well-resourced NICU Unit. Private sector NICU experience preferable with ventilation experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Deliver comprehensive and quality patient care to meet the health needs of patients in NICU
• Prevent, report and manage medico legal risks
• Conduct comprehensive patient care audits
• Control of stock and equipment in accordance with the hospital policy
• Provide learner support to learners and new employees
• Ensure a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining health and safety standards and comply with infection prevention and control policy
• Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes membership of subsidised medical- and retirement funds, generous leave, a thirteenth cheque and participation in a special nursing or management bonus scheme for qualifying staff members.
Applicants for this position must have:
• Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a NICU is a pre – requisite
• An additional qualification in Neonatal Nursing Science will be an advantage
• Willingness to work shifts in accordance with requirements of the unit
• Basic knowledge of stock control principle
• Be able to function as an effective member of the nursing team by facilitating team effectiveness