Orthopaedics Unit Registered Nurse for Southern Suburbs
Leading private hospital situated in Southern Suburbs is seeking strong Neuro or Orthopaedics registered nurses to join their team in orthopaedics department.
• Delivers comprehensive and quality patient care to meet the health needs of patients. Adheres to Patients’ Rights at all times.
• Prevents, reports and manages medico-legal risks.
• Conducts comprehensive patient care audits.
• Patient records and registers meet legal requirements.
• Control of stock and equipment in accordance with hospital’s policy.
• Identifies and addresses Continuous Professional Development (CPD) needs.
• Provides learner support to learners and new employees.
• Ensures a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining health and safety standards and complying with infection prevention and control policy.
• Excellent remuneration package
• Offer benefits such as Medical Aid, Provident Fund and 13th Cheque
• Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse.
• Prior experience in an orthopaedics or neuro ward will be an advantage.
• Competent in the demonstration and assessment of all clinical procedures and management of risks.
• Basic knowledge of stock control principles.
• The ability to identify and report near-misses and adverse events.
• A good understanding and application of the nursing Scope of Practice and knowledge of patient care.
• Be able to function as an effective member of the nursing team by facilitating team work.
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated CV to 086 247 3449