Night Nurse Manager – JHB South – # 3890
The Night Manager will assume overall responsibility for the hospital ensuring a safe environment to all patients.
The Night Manager will also be responsible for all operational activities in the absence of other Managers.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ensure the effective management of all nursing related services and activities, according to the policies
• Assist the Nursing Manager and Unit Managers to develop and implement action plans to improve problem areas and to monitor progress at night
• Monitor results of the Staff Survey and assist the Nursing Manager and Unit Managers to address problem areas and staff concerns
• Liaise with agencies to provide additional staff where required
• Monitor quality care delivered by all staff including agency staff
• Ensure that the nursing standards, quality assurance and risk management is maintained in the hospital.
• Determine acuity and workload of all wards/units and allocate staff appropriately.
• Identify quality improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate strategy and quality improvement initiatives are developed and measured.
• Ensure the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions are adhered to.
• Implement group quality initiatives.
• Salary highly negotiable for the right candidate
Applicants for this position must have:
• A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/ B Cur Degree) or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification
• Registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse
• Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations
• A qualification in BLS/ALS is beneficial
• 2 or more years experience in a private hospital setting
• Experience in clinical leadership
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated CV to 086 247 3449