Maternity Unit Manager – Eastern Cape #4137
Do you have proven management/supervisory experience within a Maternity unit?
Elevate your nursing career and become a new Unit Manager of this 42 bedded Maternity Unit of this leading private hospital in the Eastern Cape.
- Responsible for continuous performance management, quality management and people management.
- Facilitates training and learning of students and permanent employees by creating and supporting a learning culture.
- Management of the unit as a clinical and business entity.
- Ensures goals are aligned with corporate strategy.
- Adheres to Patients’ Rights at all times.
- Identifies risks and implements controls.
- Compiles and manages capital, operational and personnel budgets.
- Control of stock and equipment in accordance with hospital policy.
- Identifies and addresses continuous professional development (CPD) needs.
- Responsible for client relationship management to ensure that quality client service principles are maintained.
- Excellent remuneration package
- Offers great benefits such as medical aid, provident fund and 13th Cheque
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse and Midwife.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Obstetric ward as a Professional Nurse.
- Post Basic Qualification in Advanced Midwifery
- Prior management/supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated CV to 086 247 3449