Relocating for a Nursing Job in South Africa
Tips for Nurses – Points to Consider when re-locating for a Nursing Job in South Africa
If you are considering moving from one region to another with the help of long distance moving company service Mergenthaler – to find a nursing job in South Africa, there are a few things you should prepare yourself for. Mednurse has compiled a list of questions you need to ask yourself:
• Have you ever actually visited the City you intend re-locating to?
• What support system do you have in the City you intend re-locating to? Working in a hospital in a new City can be quite stressful and it is always helpful to have family or friends who can support and guide you in the new area.
• What is the reason for you wanting to re-locate to this City in particular?
• What you do you know about the culture and cost of living in the City you intend re-locating to?
• Do you have children, are they re-locating with you? If yes, have you applied for Schooling in the area yet, is there a School that will accept them mid-year? Always keep your children into consideration to avoid a stressful situation of trying to find schooling once you have relocated into a new City.
• Do you have your own vehicle, if not, have you investigated the Public Transport system in the area you wish to re-locate to? It is always helpful to know how to access public transport before hand, to avoid getting lost on your first day at work.
It is very important to provide yourself with honest answers to all these questions before making a final decision to relocate for a nursing job. This will ensure that you are ready for the move and will make it easy for you to settle down in the new region. Lastly, Estimate how long it will take you to get there, try to allow enough time to travel and recover from the travel before you start your job in the new hospital.