If you touch lives and lives touch yours in a Critical Environment, why not take up the reins and lead this 20 Bedded Trauma ICU!
• The overall responsibility of the Unit Manager is the efficient supervision and direction of all activities and related to the activities of the Trauma ICU
• Management and supervision of staff
• Management of Patient Care
• To perform week-end and on call duties
• Management of aspects pertaining student accompaniment and in-service training
• Maintaining of high Nursing standards
• Flexibility in terms of working hours
• The ability to take prompt action to accomplish work objectives
• The ability to produce work of a high quality by accurately checking processes and tasks
• The ability to work under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions.
• Great salary on offer for the right candidate
• Opportunity to work at a top tier Hospital within this great Private Hospital Group
Applicants for this position must:
• Degree / 12 Month Post Basic in Trauma ICU
• A Diploma in Management would be an advantage but managerial experience is essential
• At least 5 years post-qualification experience with a proven track record
• Strong leadership and strategic management skills
• Excellent planning, communication, organising and interpersonal skills are essential
• Be sufficiently healthy to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
• Computer literacy (essential)
• Sound knowledge of the budgetary processes
• Have good, clean, contactable references.