Technical Manager needed for a Private Hospital in Rustenburg, The Technical Manager will be responsible to effectively manage all technical and related services at the hospital including risks related to infrastructure and assets.
• Management of all hospital facilities, clinical infrastructure and assets.
• Management of all staff in the Technical Department.
• Training of nursing, pharmacy, admin and management staff on technical related issues.
• Management of technical related purchasing and expenditure.
• Management of contractor’s performance.
• Implementation of Group policy and procedures to manage and maintain the hospital facilities and assets.
• Enforcement of Group policies and procedures to staff members as well as contractors to ensure the mitigation of all risks.
• Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other related legislation.
• Ensure quality and safety assurance during and after completion of contracts as the safety custodian.
• Responsible for project management of all small building projects at site.
• Responsible for the financial performance and budget of the Technical Department.
• Management of the maintenance management system, ensuring that all equipment risks are managed and that all repairs and maintenance is conducted, as and when required.
• Prepare monthly reports and adhoc reports as requested – reports on staff, contractors, facilities and assets of the hospital.
• In consultation with HR Manager, develop training and succession plans to ensure that staff are trained to the statutory competency requirements for their specific roles.
• Salary up to R50k total gross per month
Applicants for this position must:
• National N Diploma with Trade Certificate or, National Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical engineering (T3 or S4) at NQF level 6.
• A B Tech degree at NQF level 7 is preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years’ applicable technical and managerial experience.
• Experience in Asset Management and Financial Management.
• Experience in both the electrical and mechanical engineering in the hospital and/or hospitality industry would be advantageous.
• Intermediate computer literacy in MS Office.
• Conversant with the principles of maintenance and asset management aspects.
• Understanding of energy and water management.
• Project management is preferred.
• Knowledge of building regulations will be advantageous.
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated cv to 086 247 3449