A hospital in Soshanguve is looking for a Patient Services Manager who will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of Patient Services Management Department. The Patient Service Manager will oversee and ensure that accurate and timeous hospital admission, billing and collection procedure for medical aid and private patients are adhered to.
• Ensuring that admission and discharge processes and procedures are adhered to.
• Providing up to date information regarding medical aid billing, medical scheme rates, and patient rights to privacy
• Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholder’s i.e all hospital clinical departments, medical schemes, road accident fund etc.
• Driving the accurate and timeous billing process to ensure targets (Case Management, Billing and Collections), are achieved
• Managing the bill auditing process in order to achieve accurate billing data
• Ensuring compliance with the clinical code of conduct to ensure the accurate interpretation of a patient event
• Actively leading department meetings and ensure participation of all members
• Providing direction and inspiration to ensure staff are motivated and productive
• Managing the performance of staff through the performance review process
• Ensuring productive working relationships are supported with minimum industrial relations issues
• Ensuring all exit interviews are conducted in order to ensure proper hand over and future staff retention
• Managing the admissions department to ensure that they comply with the medical scheme rules
• Managing the collection of outstanding co-payments from patients
• Provide support to the Finance and Administration Manager during annual financial audit
• Salary on offer up to R40k total gross per month for the right candidate
Applicants for this position must:
• Nursing qualification (National Diploma or Degree)
• Registered with South African Nursing Council
• Minimum of 5 years relevant acute private healthcare industry experience,
• Minimum of 5 years authorization, case management, billing and collections experience
• Experience in leadership and people management
• Current registration with the relevant professional / regulatory body
• Understanding the challenges of private healthcare and it’s role players.
• Understanding of relevant and current private healthcare legislation
• Understanding of clinical terminology, CPT/ICD coding and patient services business processes
• Understanding of basic financial principles (i.e. budgets, credit management, planning)
• Computer proficiency. Experience on the Trimed system will be an advantage.