Nursing Services Manager for Aged Care in Southern Suburbs #3304
Do you have management exposure and geriatric nursing experience?
This Luxury and upmarket Subacute & Long term Aged Care facility situated in Southern Suburbs of Cape Town is seeking a Nursing Services Manager.
• Report to Nursing Service Manager daily and via set reporting weekly
• Manage Duty Sister and Receptionist directly and all other staff indirectly
• Review job descriptions with HR when needed
• Drive performance appraisals twice a year with all staff in the facility
• Do interviews for all staff replacements at the facility and recommend best candidates
• Encourage staff development and ongoing education
• Implement training programmes to new and existing staff as per specific training plan
• Oversee the entire admission and discharge process which is managed by the shift leader and allocation of beds according to availability
• Oversee that all documentation for admission , progress and discharges in sub-acute facility
• Be able to discuss with residents their individual care plan and aspects of their health, condition and prognosis where possible
• Attend and supervise the nursing handover procedure daily as per the policy
• Implement ethical guidelines and provisions of relevant legislation in caregiving in the facility
• Excellent Remuneration package, they offer market related cost to company salary which includes medical aid.
• Facility is situated in a scenic setting, 24hr security gated estates that ensure utmost safety and security.
• SANC Registered Nurse
• At least 5-10 years of experience in nursing
• Experience in geriatrics advantageous
• Experience in a similar leadership position
• Prior aged care experience will be advantageous
• Have strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, managerial skills, be able to making sound decision
• Need to be computer literate
• Be fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English
• Have informed knowledge on Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, frail care, palliative care & stroke
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated CV to 086 247 3449