Are you looking for new challenge? We are seeking an energetic and experienced registered nurse to join the dynamic Emergency team one of the best of private facility in Johannesburg.
• Patient care and counselling
• Performs rostered weekend duties / emergency relief on call duties and associated tasks
• Provides safe, clean and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors
• Utilizes supplies and equipment in an economical manner
• Co-operates and collaborates with other hospital departments to provide quality patient care
• Liaises with ward manager on matters relating to patient care
• Keeps accurate records at all times
• Required to serve on relevant committees within the department
• Supervises and evaluates quality of patient care through patient rounds
• Communicates with patient and family regarding patient care and informs Unit Manager of patient care problems
• Assists with the coaching of junior staff within the Unit
• Flexible in working hours / shift work.
• The ability to communicate well at all levels
• The ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
• The ability to develop using collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goals
• The ability to actively participate as a member of a team to achieve goals
• The ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities in order to take appropriate action and / or to resolve problems
• The ability to maintain stable performance under pressure by handling stress in an acceptable way to personnel and the organisation
Applicants for this position must :
• Must be a Registered Nurse, registered with the South African Nursing Council
• Qualification in Accident and Emergency Nursing advantageous
• ACLS, ATLS and PALS qualifications will be advantageous • Experience in the relevant field of nursing advantageous.
• Must be computer literate