CTICU – Registered Nurse – JHB – # 2574
CTICU Qualified or Experienced Sisters = “CTICU Passion” = Saving lives!!! Join this fast growing CTICU and advance your career both financially and in terms of your current CTICU Nursing exposure!
• Practice patient care according to his/her Scope of Practice and assumes total responsibility for these activities
• Contribute to the holistic care of patients
• Ensure that all patients have an appropriate Nursing Care Plan
• Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to sister-in-charge of the unit
• Carry out all departmental duties as assigned by Shift Leader/ Unit Manager
• Communicate with Health Care Practitioners regarding any change in health status
• Mentoring and supervision of junior healthcare providers and support staff
• Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure appropriate level of care
• Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately
• Reports and acts upon potential/actual risks identified
• Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
• Promote and maintain good working and interpersonal relationships with management, colleagues and doctors
• Perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
Applicants for this position must :
• A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing)
• Registration with SANC as a Registered Nurse
• An ICU formal qualification or CTICU experience.
• Competencies required: team player, very energetic, well organized.
• Must be able to work under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
• Strong inter-personal skills required.
• Appropriate qualification for Specialist Area (CTICU) would be advantageous
• +/- 2 Years’ experience within the nursing discipline (CTICU experience) essential
For further information please contact Mednurse on 021 421 0832 or fax your updated cv to 086 247 3449